What were you for Halloween?

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Beads beads and patterns

I'm stringing beads to make a pattern on the pipe cleaner. I made 2 patterns of 4 beads on 1 pipe cleaner: red, orange, brown, yellow; and light blue, light green, dark green, purple. I had to repeat it 2 times to say the whole pattern. Mama's longest pattern was made out of 12 beads.Q: What is a pattern? A pattern is beads on a pipe cleaner that is the same thing 2 times. Can a pattern be made of something other than beads? Yes! Cookies. Marker dots. Dashes. Markers. Crayons. Paints. You can make a pattern almost about anything. Where are some places you can see patterns in our house? Black keys on keyboard. Knitting on the blanket. Music basket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How clever you are! Patterns are everywhere - even the way leaves and petals grow on a plant. Botanists use these patterns to identify what family a plant belongs to.

I use patterns when I quilt and sew.

Grandma