What were you for Halloween?

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jim is coming over today

My uncle Jim came over the other day. The weekend was fun, spending a time with him. Jim came over on Saturday. We went to different places. They were cool. There were cars at one store. Sometimes I see signs that say "One Way."

First stop: Grafton Village Cheese Factory

I'm hiding in this picture, but Sebastian is always in the way for me. I was rolling down the dusty and grassy hill. And one time I ran down so fast I couldn't stop myself from running 'til I got to this dried up water pipe. I'm making muscles.
I am jumping off a rock. I really love jumping off a rock when I'm Dorian. Dorian, the greatest boy in the world!

Next stop: Harlow's Sugar House

First, we went into the store and we met this woman and she told us we had to wait a second until we could see the sap in the machines, so we decided to go over to the maple trees and look at the sap. We tasted it. Did you know that 40 gallons of sap is just one gallon of maple syrup?! The sap tasted like water with one little piece of sugar in it.

I'm in the trees with Sebastian. Bye-bye, I'm leaving this tree by the sidewalk with the bee. I'm hiding. Can you find me?
We're in the evaporation room. First, we followed this truck full of sap over to this big tank. Then, we followed this pipe that we saw all the way into the evaporation room. First, the evaporator was just getting ready. It was warming up. Then, a few minutes later, the steam billowed everywhere! It looked like a total explosion had went off and the smoke couldn't stop going away. It was crazy! And then we had some maple syrup and then we ate some sugar on snow and some apple fritters. The fritters were delicious! They were very delicious! I hope you go there and taste them someday. I love the sugar on snow and the apple fritters.
Third stop: Dwight Miller Orchards
I'm throwing rocks in this humongous puddle.
Now we're racing races. When I was running with Daddy, he jumped over my head and that was not fair. Not only that but I also got hurt. On Sebastian it hurted so bad.

Last stop: Our living room

I'm playing a trumpet that Jim gave me. I'm reading my magazine. It came with a mouthpiece, too, which is an important part.

I'm farting... I'm Dorian... I'm farting because I'm Dorian...

I'm using a trumpet. I love using a trumpet because that's Jim's. Jim came over today.

2 comments:

jamie said...

Who is this Uncle Jim you refer to? I recall no such person being in our family.

On the other hand "I'm farting because I'm Dorian" may be the quote of the year. I will definitely be using that.

The Paquette Brothers said...

Uncle Jim isn't really my uncle. He's just my friend.

I love Uncle Jim!

He lives in Boston.