What were you for Halloween?

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Greece Greece Grack!

I'm learning about Greece on my homeschooling. I have been doing my Greece Top Secret Adventure. And my dad read to me each evening some Greek myths. My favorite and funniest one was about Athena and Arachne. What happened to Arachne is she turned into a spider. Ooooooh! And everything good happened to Athena. And a funny part of Zeus is because he grabbed a thunderbolt and threw it at the ground. We learned that Lydia, Dorian and Sebastian are names that are Greek. Athena is a person that I know at my old school. Mimi's name is a Greek one, too. And we also got a book about Greek food. Yogurt, pasta, olives and other fruits and vegetables and fish are yummy and for the midday meal. What happens before the midday meal starts is that shops close, people get out of work and children are let out of school. There is a Greek mandolin called a bouzouki. We just learned that the flag looks like our flag except it has that little window looking thing. And we thought those colors were for something but then the blue was for the water and the white cross is for the Greek church. And I think the white stripes are for salt water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Skippy,
You really learned a lot of things about Greece. Good job!. Let me know how you like the Greek myth about Diana.

Love, Mimi