What were you for Halloween?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I made some paper!

I'm putting paper in a cup. I have to do it so it can fill up. When it fills up, we put it in the blender. We have nothing to do with that Stratocaster Fender.
Look at all that mush and bloosh. I added some blue to make it colored. It was already in the box so I didn't need to get some. I had it from the box of scientists. I got it for Christmas.
This is the mush. It was called "pulp." We made it with paper, and it cut it all up into mush in the blender. We also used a cup of water-- that helped.

Now, this time, we're flattening it on the cup with a screen on it. We squished it and it seemed to put water right into the cup from the pulp.
Now, we put them on a screen with a towel beneath it to dry. We made 5 of them.
Here I made a little book. It's my book about Animusic. I called it and wrote on the cover, "My Little Book of Animusic."

It felt good when I touched the pulp. The paper felt good, too, itself. The recycled paper is hard, rough, and tough. It was good writing on it, only I complained a little bit. It was a little too hard for writing. It was a little harder to write on because it was harder than regular paper. And it's not as smooth. I'd like to make paper again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice book. Were you writing with pencil, pen, marker or crayon?