What were you for Halloween?

Saturday, August 18, 2007

This is not a game

What happened last night? There was a BIG surprise! We were going off to Noah's so we could do a special show. The drumset was in the garage. And there was ride cymbal 1 and ride cymbal 2. A crash cymbal and a high hat. Our name of the band was The Ladybugs. I was the drummer and Daddy played his guitar. That was our summer band. And so there was the singer for a different summer band called Meat Buffett and the singer was Ethan, 2 guitarists: Rob and Jeremy, and Noah on drums. [From left to right in poster illustration: Ethan, Jeremy, Noah, Rob] I'm practicing for the drums. And I'm talking to Tim and right there is Noah.
I'm playing guitar and talking what's going to happen.
There were no thunderstorms or rain storms. Those little sparkles are reflecting of the smoke. We played "Hotel Yorba," "I Think I Smell a Rat" (both by the White Stripes), and then we played "Fake Believe" by They Might Be Giants, and then we played "In the Evening" and "We Shall not be Moved." And then we played the last song "Now It's Time for So Long" from Blue's Clues.
That's my band!
And there's Daddy's band. And they played a song I liked. Guess which kind? "In the Garage."
This is me and DeeDee watching the band. Watching really good. And Dorian was saying, "Rock and Roll!" And I was saying, "More Rock and Roll! More Rock and Roll!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Skippy,
Congratulations on playing your first gig. I'm sure you gave it a lot of umph! I wish I could have been there to watch you and daddy play. I always enjoyed listening to my boys play music. Let me know if the Ladybugs will be playing again soon. I'd even be willing to pay for a ticket to see you guys. Be good and see you soon. Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this night of rock and roll, especially your White Stripes songs! Rocking is my favorite thing to do, so maybe I can see one of your next shows sometime...