What were you for Halloween?

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Powerful Tower and the Beautiful Girl

[The boys and I read a book based on the princess and the pea told from the pea's point of view. I asked Sebastian if he would like to retell a fairy tale and he chose to retell Rapunzel from the tower's perspective.]

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful name. It was named to a gray tower. The tower was a little bit of black and white.

I was not being built from 100 years. Some people kept going inside me. A talking pillow went inside me so I would be comfortable. Then a CD player went in and some toys-- even a TV.

I saw a girl named Rapunzel but I had everything for her to be in me but she wanted to bring a science project. I saw a mean face and that meant there was a witch nearby. The witch was going crazy but Rapunzel kept shouting, "There's a bad thing! I see a witch!"

My telephone rang. It was Rapunzel. She said, "Help! Help! I need to be saved! The witch is trying to kill me!" My home was all nature. I grabbed my guitar.

Suddenly, I heard a voice. It was saying, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" I was too scared to hear that. It was time for me to wait to rescue Rapunzel. I could rescue her by putting down a rope that I had. I'd pull her up here and not leave a ladder and put back the rope and make it invisible. That way the witch could not get up here. I have a hundred ladders made out of vines. I shouldn't use them, but I use them a lot.

The witch is trying to get something to kill her. But I had a pile of swords and shields and protector knight clothes. I feel like a rock, but it's a good thing. I'm getting protected. I'm going to have a battle. I know I would want to chase her out to sea and make her drown, but I can't move, and I don't want to be broken by the water. It's a good thing she's now with me at the seashore. I am very powerful because I am made out of boulders.

If I was in space, I'd scare her to a black hole. But that's no way to do that. But I do have a rocket ship. But I was starving anyway.

I heard the clops of horse hooves. It was the prince! I let Rapunzel down. I said, "Look at this girl. Does she seem good enough for you to marry?" The prince said, "Yes." And they lived happily ever after.

THE END

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific story teller. It has everything. Action, romance.... Will you tell me a story when I come next week?

Grandma

Anonymous said...

wow!!